Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Intuitive Living





A recent LinkedIn thread began with the question: “Has Your Intuition Protected or Saved Your Life?” I always appreciate probing questions and this one definitely set my mind to musing as I began the search of memory files for specific experiences and circumstances that would fit the question. In the struggle to remember particulars, my mind presented its own question: When am I not being guided by intuition?

I’ve been a practicing metaphysician for more than twenty years. Even before that I was delving into the mysteries, asking unusual questions and sitting for quiet periods allowing my mind to travel etheric highways of information. All of these habits brought long stares and the brand ‘eccentric’ from family members. However, those habits have also guided me to a way of living that brings me happiness. Whenever I look back at the decisions made, I can see where choosing another route might not have brought as satisfying a result. 

My years of counselingclients along with studies beside traditional elders have widened my  understanding in patterns relating to health, relationships and lifestyles of people that live guided by intuition and those who do not. First world cultures value reliance on academic or scientific information over the internal promptings that are the preference of the less economically developed societies.

My belief is that there are four areas where human beings draw decision making information. I list them from the most base to highest guidance:  

1.      Instincts (behavior performed without prior experience or learning)

2.       Cultural training or condition (belief systems, perceived safety and learned values)

3.       Gut reaction (an etheric DNA, sins of the fathers, attitudes or behavior before applied reason.

4.       Intuitive (knowledge beyond understanding of how or where; never harms another life form) 
Intuition is an inner voice available to all. It is a wordless language of the heart connection. Yet in cultures that rely on mental programming over feelings, 10% of the decisions are made instinctively, 50% from cultural training, 15% from gut reactions, and only 5% from intuitive guidance. That leaves 20% of the decisions being made from some chaotic distraction which often include influences from advertising. 

In traditional or aboriginal peoples, around 5% of the actions are instinctive, 15% from cultural training, 35% from gut Impressions, and 45% from intuition and a deep connection with the Earth. The reduced influence from cultural training is because the teaching in these cultures is to connect with nature and Spirit to find answers. 



Choosing to follow a more intuitive lifestyle helped me find my husband, guided us from Florida to Hawaii where I was accepted by Hawaiian teachers and family. It was through meditation and intuition that I received an invitation (and the funds) to travel on pilgrimage with Mayan elders through Guatemala. The same process of meditation and intuition led me to my beautiful home on the Caribbean coast of Honduras. I feel my life has been greatly blessed, and quite possibly saved from many painful lessons or uncomfortable situations in my choosing intuitive living. How have you followed your intuition?

2 comments :

Sista' Joy said...

Dear Malana,
I love your blog! As I read through it, I found myself nodding my head and smiling because our experiences have been similar in so many ways. My family thought I was ‘eccentric’ too but now they just wonder how I can stay so happy most of the time. I’m glad I chose this path too. It has made all the difference in my
outlook on life and the way I’ve lived it.

Your statistics were quite amazing. I wonder what the happiness and peace of mind ratio is in comparison to those who live more intuitively versus those who don’t. I know that here in the US, people have more of everything in the outer world and all the latest technology, but most seem to be quite miserable. You can walk down any street and just look at their faces and you will see it. Their hearts are so clogged up with fear that they are not even able to give a simple, “hello” to a fellow sojourner without being afraid. When I read your statistics, it helped me to better understand why.

My Divine Intuition has helped me in so many ways throughout my life, I could write a book about it.(Perhaps I should!lol) It has saved me from disasters and showered blessings upon me as well.

Right now, I am living in a most beautiful, spacious landmark apartment in one of the loveliest neighborhoods in Chicago. I am only a few blocks from the lake and within a block of one of the best hospitals in Chicago. There are plenty of little shops, grocery stores and wonderful restaurants all around me. Everything is provided that I could possibly need or hope for in my retirement years. All this and more came from listening to the leading of my Divine Presence I AM through intuition. I had no idea that this lovely community was even here until I listened to its guidance!

I have learned so much through the years because of this inner wisdom and, of course, am still learning. Most of all, it has taught me to stay humble in its Presence and to be grateful for all that has been given me and for all that is yet to come. . .

Thank you, Malana, for this interesting information on Intuition. The topic is so vast and there is much to be learned, discussed and explored with regard to it. I am going to place your link on my blog for those who may want to read more about it. What a blessing you are to me and others. Continue to let your light shine so brightly. . . I’m glad we’re friends!
God Bless You.
I AM Joy!

Unknown said...

Sista Joy, I loved reading your comment. I can see the parallels in our paths.

The home you were guided to sounds marvelous. You deserve to live in a home that is a tangible witness of the truths you teach.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I look forward to reading mor on your blog.